Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2019, 06:56 PM   #23088 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Spoiler for spoilers:
I kind of think the opposite. I think this movie was nihilistic, partially because the main character is inherently nihilistic, but also because the point it is making is that human nature is inherently nihilistic. I think this is going to be a standalone film with no sequels, or at least it was planned to be. This movie is saying that the Joker is right to end up as he did, but this movie's Joker also has no philosophy as he is merely a reaction to his environment. And that environment is cruel and inhumane simply because it is meaningless.
Spoiler for .:
Porque no los dos? What you describe is the central focus of the film, but I think that the director implemented that message that responding in violence only results in chaos to show that while the joker's environment created him, it doesn't justify his actions.

I also don't think that the sequel is the intention, but I think that it was something that they prepped the script for if producers and box office success compels it and what I described would be a cool route for them to take if so.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote