Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2019, 07:13 PM   #23117 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Spoiler for .:
Porque no los dos? What you describe is the central focus of the film, but I think that the director implemented that message that responding in violence only results in chaos to show that while the joker's environment created him, it doesn't justify his actions.

I also don't think that the sequel is the intention, but I think that it was something that they prepped the script for if producers and box office success compels it and what I described would be a cool route for them to take if so.
But there was no alternative to the Joker's end result. There was no, "He's wrong and here's why and here's what we can do if we do something better". The whole city just sided with the Joker because they saw no alternative to fight the Wayne oligarchy and they didn't even seek an alternative. Violence was the solution point blank no question.

The end result of the movie sided with the Joker, and if the end result wasn't pretty it wasn't because the movie was seeking for a more palatable solution, it was because it was a movie that was spreading its evil batwings to side with the villain and not give the audience any alternative. This was a ****ing villain movie. It doesn't exist to exist within the greater hero universe, it exists to raise up the villain. That's why it's so ugly and seedy and unpleasant. It doesn't even necessarily reflect the director's viewpoint, it reflects the Joker's viewpoint. The movie ends with raising the Joker up as the hero regardless of whether or not that's the viewpoint of the people who made the movie.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote