Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 11:34 AM   #23093 (permalink)
Black Francis
Out of Place

Oh hey chula.

I thought you left mb

I saw Joker too
Spoiler for .:
i liked the whole tone of the movie but i found the first half of the movie a bit boring, i started to get into it more on the second half. I remember when i first saw the trailer for it and thought "oh no. They gonna humanize him" which is something i personally didnt care for cus to me the joker is such a great villain that i dont particularly want to see him be vulnerable and feel sorry for him but to my surprise it didnt completely take that pity route. Instead it had this unsettling mental problems tone that didnt make me feel bad for him or encourage his behavior and while the first half of the movie establishes that tone well for the rest of the movie i also felt the joker in that half coulda been any character with a mental problem. Thats why i liked the 2nd half more cus it gets to the breakin points where the joker started to surface. Oh and that scene where he meets bruce imo was dumb af. It left me with the lingering thought that the joker is too dam old for batman. I dont mind they tied the story to thomas to create a vendetta towards the wayne family. For me him meeting thomas and that last scene with bruce's parents was enough to tie it to batman thats why i felt that gate scene with bruce felt unnecessary and just awkward.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbRbCtIgW3A
Black Francis is offline   Reply With Quote