Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2019, 09:32 AM   #67839 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Yep, Mindfulness, Eddie Vedder's songs on that soundtrack quite impressed me. Some nice (too short) ones without any lyrics as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Society didn't 'want' me to take any paths. I needed a job to buy food, pay rent, have fun, etc.
^ Yes that was my experience too - and I was lucky enough to find a place in society that suited me. Society is uncaring in a million ways, especially to people who aren't in the club, but it's like Jim Morrison sang, "Women seem wicked when you're unwanted," i.e. our own personal negative experiences might be making villains out of people who are just neutrally going about their own business.

Society is unlikely to fix all the world's injustices and politicians who present society as a perfect solution to the world's probs are pretty annoying, because afaik that is not neccesarily the role of society. But if you are a part of it, society does give a measure of security, a measure of comfort in what is otherwise a really brutal world - as that poor Into The Wild guy discovered to his cost.

In fact, I pretty much agree with Anteater's post, which is not a common experience for me in these types of discussion.