Music Banter - View Single Post - Science!
Thread: Science!
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2019, 10:33 AM   #590 (permalink)
Lucem Ferre
Cuter Than Post Malone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieMarie View Post
I view the modern ideas about gender identity as a compromise between the ideal idea that everyone is their own specific gender and we should just get rid of the whole concept, and the old fashioned habit of dividing the world into two genders. It allows a place for people who don't fit within those two genders
So what exactly does gender mean anymore? At this point it just seems to be somebody's identity and is only tied to their sex because of the stigmas and stereotypes we pounded into our culture. Ideally, gender shouldn't be a thing to worry about and people should get to be their selves regardless of if they have a dick or not. The only real purpose for identifying somebody based on gender or sex is only for the purpose of having sex otherwise just treat them like a human being. Then again, that will never happen because people can't fathom living with out stereotypes based on the superficial things so here we are having to compromise with an overly convoluted mess. I blame Boomers.
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote