Music Banter - View Single Post - Science!
Thread: Science!
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2019, 05:04 AM   #602 (permalink)
Marie Monday
the bantering battleaxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
So what exactly does gender mean anymore? At this point it just seems to be somebody's identity and is only tied to their sex because of the stigmas and stereotypes we pounded into our culture. Ideally, gender shouldn't be a thing to worry about and people should get to be their selves regardless of if they have a dick or not. The only real purpose for identifying somebody based on gender or sex is only for the purpose of having sex otherwise just treat them like a human being. Then again, that will never happen because people can't fathom living with out stereotypes based on the superficial things so here we are having to compromise with an overly convoluted mess. I blame Boomers.
Indeed, that is pretty much what I mean. We need to have room for the people who don't fit into outdated gender ideas, but the concept of gender is firmly rooted in our culture, so it's more practical to expand the concept of gender than to abolish it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.
Marie Monday is offline   Reply With Quote