Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2020, 03:25 PM   #67195 (permalink)
Marie Monday
the bantering battleaxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Is the instinctive will to live a reason to live? Is it a reason that will sustain the human race in perpetuity? If not then we need something else because eventually humans will probably instinctually argue themselves out of that instinct. Which is why I think people are shooting up schools. The mass shooters are like canaries in a coal mine realizing that life is meaningless and pointless and simply the first people most likely to opt out of that, but I don't think they'll be the last once human society culturally advances down that same route.
Everyone has their own reason to live, for instance love, but getting enough happiness out of love to make living worthwile might be a matter of survival instinct. At least that's what I meant. And again: the fact that those mass shooters don't simply kill themselves but choose to make it a massacre shows they are misguidedly trying to give meaning to their lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.
Marie Monday is offline   Reply With Quote