Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2020, 04:50 PM   #5354 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I do agree with the general sentiment that China is specially horrific on human rights abuses primarily against their own people

but then the US is allowed a type of freedom and stability (at least in the past) because of its human rights abuses abroad
But yeah I think this gets to the heart of the matter. China's worst excesses are expressed inward. It's worse to be subject to Chinese oppression as a Chinese citizen than it is for any other citizen of any other country.

Whereas while American capitalism and imperialism grounds its own citizens into the dirt in a real way, it's way more preferable to be subject to it as an American citizen than it is to be subject to it as a citizen of some third world country America and its corporations are draining of resources and lives for the benefit of the homeland. Just like how it probably sucked to be subject to the excesses of British inhumanity a century ago as a British lower class citizen, but you were still better off than a native of India or China under British vampirism.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote