Music Banter - View Single Post - Megadeth
Thread: Megadeth
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2006, 03:05 PM   #27 (permalink)
judas_priest
Metal Maiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild7Dustr
Yeah, you know the funny thing is I like Slayer quite a bit too (and I've even seen them live in concert several times), but they're just a (slightly above) average band now if you focus on their new material.Their prime was with Seasons In The Abyss.They were without a doubt incredible then!!!

When you add Divine Intervention, Reign In Blood and God Hates Us All though, that's only a few good albums and I don't think they're anywhere near as great as Metallica or Megadeth, let alone Judas Priest and Black Sabbath(?)!!!

Now Iron Maiden, that's an exception...lol!!! They have long since faded and Piece Of Mind is like their best sample of music...unless you count their greatest hits album(s) or something...lol!!!Slayer clearly is the better example of true metal in this case!!!

Now, when we talk about Metallica and Megadeth, it's pretty much about who you prefer, yet I'm probally as big of a fan of one as the other.Both bands have around 8+ albums that are good and atleast 4 that are stellar - ...And Justice For All/Kill 'Em All/Master Of Puppets/Metallica...and...Rust In Peace/Countdown To Extinction/Youthanasia/Cryptic Writings, etc...

As great as Megadeth and Metallica are, they are still just extremely talented disciples to the people that actually invented metal:

1. Judas Priest with the one and only "Metal God" Rob Halford.

&

2. Black Sabbath with the "Prince Of Darkness" Ozzy Osbourne.

Any metal artist should be greatful towards Judas Priest and Black Sabbath whether they actually like them or not!!!The simple fact is that they created the original style(s) of hard-rock/metal in order to evolve into what comes out today...God bless 'em!!!

For anyone who doesn't think that those 2 bands were the most important/influential metal bands ever, just ask some of these artists themselves:

-Metallica.
-Anthrax.
-Zack Wylde...duh!!!
-Pantera.
-White/Rob Zombie.
-Everybody...literally!!!

All there is left to say is God bless metal!!!
Well it's probably pretty obvious that I'm a Priest fan, lol. I really like black Sabbath too, and both bands were very influential.
I'll have to listen to more of Slayer's stuff- to be honest I've heard hardly anything, so I've not given them a fair chance.
I'm surprised that you don't like Maiden though. They've got a lot of good albums too. Take it you won't be going to see them this year then.
I'm going to see them in December- can't wait!
And, yes, god bless metal. lol
\m/
judas_priest is offline   Reply With Quote