Music Banter - View Single Post - Official Mental Health Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2020, 06:59 AM   #2158 (permalink)
goldendoodle
god's favorite clown

For those of you who also live in the south, is it even worth it to try and find an outpatient program/commit oneself when suicidal and having an episode? Everything is worse in the south, as we know, and I just have medicaid at the moment, so I'm terrified of ending up in some horrific state mental hospital if things ever get too bad. I always isolate instead of committing myself even when I should definitely be committed. I'm amazed that I'm not dead. Also has anyone else failed to get a solid diagnosis? Every doctor I've seen had a different opinion (bipolar II, BPD, PTSD+OCD, PTSD+BPD) so it feels pointless to join support groups for specific disorders because I simply don't know. It certainly is much more than mere depression. A bit depressed today because I just learned that an old friend (who had type 1 bipolar) died last year.

Anyone else have a mental illness induced bad quarantine haircut? I do! I look terrible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Tristan Rosenstock View Post
Just got out of the hospital from another suicide attempt. Starting a partial hospitalization program and was officially diagnosed with borderline personality disorder. Taking things back slowly, I'm doing a lot better now. Some people were making fun of me at work and I let it get to me really quickly. Keeping busy trying to get the new shoegaze band up and running. Met a lot of cool people at the hospital and talked to a lot of friends on the other side. Glad I'm alive still, I have projects to finish. My first vinyl single is coming out soon with my friend Connor and I'm working on a compilation record for my label.
Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear about your suicide attempt (I've been in similar predicaments over the past couple years) but I'm glad you've found a good support group. (NOT having any friends with the same mental illness is terrible. It's so much easier to explain oneself when you do. It's a nightmare otherwise-- after an episode or something, I mean.)
goldendoodle is offline   Reply With Quote