Music Banter - View Single Post - Official Mental Health Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2020, 03:34 AM   #2185 (permalink)
goldendoodle
god's favorite clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Yes, it is.

Most groups are for addicts. That’s true.

I wish full confidentiality applied even for talk of suicide/homicide whatever

Both sides are in a pickle with that one

Odd thing about being suicidal for me is that when I start getting better I start taking actions to improve things. That’s when if you just add up the pros and cons of living it can get really dangerous. I think suicides at my age are usually pretty well thought out.
Well of course, one must be thorough and practical. It's only polite.

When they ask me "Are you suicidal?" I just tell them "I'd rather not have a physical body" and they peer at me suspiciously and move on to the next question. (And how do they expect us to answer? "Call 911 if you're going to hurt yourself," they say, as if we're all falling over ourselves to get saddled with a massive ambulance bill) I'm just worried that they'll ask me that on a day when I'm actively psychotic or something. (...Last time I stopped taking my Latuda, I thought I was the reincarnation of Saint Catherine of Siena and had to throw myself off a building once god gave me the signal. I somehow managed to hide my insanity while at an appointment and the doctor just remarked that I "seem a bit hypomanic", not suicidal, since I was speaking in gibberish code instead of directly saying I was planning to die soon.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I don't get addicted that way