Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2020, 05:13 PM   #70653 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieMarie View Post
Again, slippery slope. Calling him a holocaust denier is unfair.
It is not. He is not trying to deny that any holocaust ever occurred because that would be absurd. What he is doing is trying to mitigate responsibility for a holocaust so that the status quo is not implicated. If he were trying to do this with the actual Holocaust he would already be banned for life but we never lost a world war so it isn't as touchy a subject.

I understand that you probably don't get this as a European but as an American this kind of thing is very real and insidious to this day and has been used to shelve our responsibility for the Native American genocide for our entire history. What Ant is doing is not innocent or honest.

Quote:
But about what you say, I admit I was trying to avoid discussing this because I'm getting tired but here we go:
Bat, if you suspect Ant is baiting you, then don't take the bait
Would you say this if he were denying the actual Holocaust? Just don't take the bait and let the neo-Nazi spread filth for the sake of keeping discussion friendly?

Quote:
Ant, looking at the repeated history of these discussions I do find it hard to believe that you don't know were things are going and that there's not an element of trolling to it, and the discussion itself sounded more trollish than the recap you gave. But I realise that that might just be the same thing as you finding it hard to believe that people get offended.
Again, he knows what he's doing. He's dancing around hate speech. Imagine if there were an actual Native American member of the board. Shut him down.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote