Music Banter - View Single Post - Ambient and Drone.
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2020, 09:45 AM   #106 (permalink)
grindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I’m happy about the Jaar release but haven’t yet.

Think I’m current on Puce Mary and yeah KK Null - sure there’s some nugs there I haven’t heard.

Not that those aren’t great suggestions and I wasn’t clear but what I meant was are there any cryo chamber releases that I’m over looking.

I checked out Dead Melodies and Zenjungle collaboration anthropocene, and because it involves traditional instruments and bowed guitar I thought it would hit the spot but instead I was thinking it still seems trapped in that dark ambient formula - that’s fine - it’s a good formula but I’m ... well like I thought the instruments could be showcased a little more - maybe that defeats the objective. There’s plenty out there but this label might be too restrictive. On one hand I like that the listener gets what they expect but on the other hand I don’t like that it’s ALWAYS what you expect.
Have you ever listened to Drunken Forest by Death Ambient? It's not as ambient as the band name might suggest but it still kinda is and that album is really special and beautiful.