Music Banter - View Single Post - Member Picture Gallery
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 05:04 PM   #39015 (permalink)
SGR
No Ice In My Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
I learned in a manual, but that wasn't the problem. It's basically the degree of alertness you need in car traffic, I'm quite the dreamer and I find it very hard to keep focussing on everything that's happening around me. On a bike it's different because you don't go as fast and the stakes are lower of course, although I did crash into a parked car twice when I wasn't paying attention
Did the totaling coincide with the moose accident, and was the moose ok?
Yikes, I hope you had insurance. I'm guessing you live in an urban area where owning a car isn't strictly necessary?

Yes, I totaled my Mazda when I hit the moose. The moose was most certainly not OK. I was a little shellshocked after the incident, standing on the highway in the middle of the night, with glass shards in my hair and down my shirt. As I looked ahead, I saw the moose on its haunches, trying in vain to stand up. As I locked eyes with it, it was almost as if we both had a shared sympathy for the other, like a collective "I'm sorry this happened". He dragged himself off to the curb of the road eventually, trying in desperation to return to some kind of normalcy. After I called 911, the state troopers were sent - they deemed him to be a lost cause, so with one shotgun shell to his head, echoing into the night, that moose became history. Poor bastard.

Last edited by SGR; 08-02-2020 at 06:10 PM.
SGR is offline   Reply With Quote