Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Introductions
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2020, 02:40 PM   #39011 (permalink)
Swifter than Gaylor slays
 
Marie Monday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Cute Post Malone's mom
Posts: 2,501
Default

lol I can't even drive. I tried to learn but it's hopeless
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.
Marie Monday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 02:54 PM   #39012 (permalink)
No Ice In My Bourbon
 
SoundgardenRocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: USA, USA, USA!
Posts: 2,574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
I was sure you're older. You sound old and boring in s good way.
Yeah, I get that a lot. My father tells me I'm a 40 year old trapped in a 25 year old's body. I chalk it up to my interests and an unhealthy childhood obsession with chess and computers. I could still tell you "Back in My Day" stories if it helps though. "Back in my day, our portable gaming handhelds didn't have backlit screens! In fact, if we wanted to play 'em after 7pm, we had to do it by candle-light!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
lol I can't even drive. I tried to learn but it's hopeless
For real? I assume you tried learning on automatics, right? What has been the problem for you in learning how to drive?

I learned how to drive in a crappy 2006 Toyota Corolla. I tend to think that I'm a proficient driver now, but I still struggle with busy metropolitan areas (like Boston). I've had the luxury of driving various vehicles since then - I test-drove a few Lamborghinis before (which was awesome), I've driven a couple Lexus vehicles and now regularly drive a Mercedes. Unfortunatley, I started with a Dodge Stratus that almost killed me several times (tie rod breaking), and then moved on to a Mazda 6 (that I somehow escaped death in after a full on collision with a moose) which I totaled, and now I'm on to Mercedes. Let's just say I've learned a little bit and drive very slowly during the night now.

Last edited by SoundgardenRocks; 08-02-2020 at 03:02 PM.
SoundgardenRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 03:13 PM   #39013 (permalink)
Swifter than Gaylor slays
 
Marie Monday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Cute Post Malone's mom
Posts: 2,501
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundgardenRocks View Post
For real? I assume you tried learning on automatics, right? What has been the problem for you in learning how to drive?

I learned how to drive in a crappy 2006 Toyota Corolla. I tend to think that I'm a proficient driver now, but I still struggle with busy metropolitan areas (like Boston). I've had the luxury of driving various vehicles since then - I test-drove a few Lamborghinis before (which was awesome), I've driven a couple Lexus vehicles and now regularly drive a Mercedes. Unfortunatley, I started with a Dodge Stratus that almost killed me several times (tie rod breaking), and then moved on to a Mazda 6 (that I somehow escaped death in after a full on collision with a moose) which I totaled, and now I'm on to Mercedes. Let's just say I've learned a little bit and drive very slowly during the night now.
I learned in a manual, but that wasn't the problem. It's basically the degree of alertness you need in car traffic, I'm quite the dreamer and I find it very hard to keep focussing on everything that's happening around me. On a bike it's different because you don't go as fast and the stakes are lower of course, although I did crash into a parked car twice when I wasn't paying attention
Did the totaling coincide with the moose accident, and was the moose ok?
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.
Marie Monday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 03:33 PM   #39014 (permalink)
...here to hear...
 
Lisnaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: He lives on Love Street
Posts: 3,698
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundgardenRocks View Post
Marie is old at heart. She used to be a peppy optimist, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, but then she started to moderate MusicBanter and everything took a turn for the worse.
Only other person I've ever heard use that expression is about 55 years old, so I suspect that your dad's assessment is about right, SgR !

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundgardenRocks View Post
And why would Marie want you to re-read The Left Hand of Darkness?
That refs a couple of recent posts in the "What are you reading?" thread:-

Spoiler for Ursula K le Guin exchange:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
That made me think of the Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. Le Guin, even though dystopian is not really the right way to describe that book. Have you ever tried it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
I read that book years ago, Marie, attracted by the great title and its mysterious-looking cover art. I enjoyed it, as I recall, but I never felt any need to reread it tbh.


I get the feeling that you used to have a different name, SgR, but I'm not sure who

I think Fluff is another young poster, but Marie must surely be one of our younger mods.
__________________
"Am I enjoying this moment? I know of it and perhaps that is enough." - Sybille Bedford, 1953
Lisnaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 05:04 PM   #39015 (permalink)
No Ice In My Bourbon
 
SoundgardenRocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: USA, USA, USA!
Posts: 2,574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
I learned in a manual, but that wasn't the problem. It's basically the degree of alertness you need in car traffic, I'm quite the dreamer and I find it very hard to keep focussing on everything that's happening around me. On a bike it's different because you don't go as fast and the stakes are lower of course, although I did crash into a parked car twice when I wasn't paying attention
Did the totaling coincide with the moose accident, and was the moose ok?
Yikes, I hope you had insurance. I'm guessing you live in an urban area where owning a car isn't strictly necessary?

Yes, I totaled my Mazda when I hit the moose. The moose was most certainly not OK. I was a little shellshocked after the incident, standing on the highway in the middle of the night, with glass shards in my hair and down my shirt. As I looked ahead, I saw the moose on its haunches, trying in vain to stand up. As I locked eyes with it, it was almost as if we both had a shared sympathy for the other, like a collective "I'm sorry this happened". He dragged himself off to the curb of the road eventually, trying in desperation to return to some kind of normalcy. After I called 911, the state troopers were sent - they deemed him to be a lost cause, so with one shotgun shell to his head, echoing into the night, that moose became history. Poor bastard.

Last edited by SoundgardenRocks; 08-02-2020 at 06:10 PM.
SoundgardenRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 05:17 PM   #39016 (permalink)
No Ice In My Bourbon
 
SoundgardenRocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: USA, USA, USA!
Posts: 2,574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
Only other person I've ever heard use that expression is about 55 years old, so I suspect that your dad's assessment is about right, SgR !


I get the feeling that you used to have a different name, SgR, but I'm not sure who

I think Fluff is another young poster
I like Fluff, but not sure about the age.

I suppose I've talked too much to old people. I don't remember where I picked up that expression, but it wasn't from a schoolyard. I try to soak up the wisdom of old people, like a sponge, while blunting my olfactory senses so I don't pick up the pungent smell that always seems to permeate old-folks home. It always smells like impending death.

Unfortunately, I believe you're mistaken. I've never had a different name on this site. That said, I've wanted to change it before, but I've come to embrace the irony a little bit, considering that I could give a toss about Soundgarden at this point. I was around 14 or 15 when I signed up here.
SoundgardenRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 06:17 PM   #39017 (permalink)
Taylor Than Gayer Smith
 
WWWP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,477
Default

Marie can sit in my lap and steer
__________________
wwwp makes you a playlist pt. 1
wwwp makes you a playlist pt. 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I know what real life is, I've been living in it for well over a decade
WWWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 06:31 PM   #39018 (permalink)
midnite roles around
 
Tristan_Geoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 4,785
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundgardenRocks View Post
Damn, really? *sigh* Fine, I'll abscond my title of youngest active MB user. I'm a '94 baby. Happy belated birthday by the way! Now you can rent cars everywhere!
I’m 22, joined the site when I was 17
__________________
YW Fam: All MB Music Projects Under One Roof

Emo/Pop Punk Journal

Techno Journal


Quote:
Originally Posted by Neward Thelman View Post
"SMOKE CRACK MUDA****KKA"

I'll check that dictionary, but in the meantime I'm impressed - as is everyone else in the world - by your eloquence, obvious accomplishments and success, and the evidence of your blazingly high intelligence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
He just doesn't have a mind so closed that it rivals Blockbuster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I own the mail
Tristan_Geoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 06:35 PM   #39019 (permalink)
No Ice In My Bourbon
 
SoundgardenRocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: USA, USA, USA!
Posts: 2,574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Tristan Rosenstock View Post
I’m 22, joined the site when I was 17
Alright, I believe you. But I don't have the title anymore. Take it up with Marie. I gave it up willingly, but she might be a different story.
SoundgardenRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 12:40 AM   #39020 (permalink)
Swifter than Gaylor slays
 
Marie Monday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Cute Post Malone's mom
Posts: 2,501
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundgardenRocks View Post
Yikes, I hope you had insurance. I'm guessing you live in an urban area where owning a car isn't strictly necessary?

Yes, I totaled my Mazda when I hit the moose. The moose was most certainly not OK. I was a little shellshocked after the incident, standing on the highway in the middle of the night, with glass shards in my hair and down my shirt. As I looked ahead, I saw the moose on its haunches, trying in vain to stand up. As I locked eyes with it, it was almost as if we both had a shared sympathy for the other, like a collective "I'm sorry this happened". He dragged himself off to the curb of the road eventually, trying in desperation to return to some kind of normalcy. After I called 911, the state troopers were sent - they deemed him to be a lost cause, so with one shotgun shell to his head, echoing into the night, that moose became history. Poor bastard.
Yeah I grew up in Holland, no one really needs a car there unless your job involves emergencies I guess. I moved to England, but I'm in a city so that's fine too. That moose incident must have been pretty traumatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
Marie can sit in my lap and steer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Tristan Rosenstock View Post
I’m 22, joined the site when I was 17
Oh wow, I'll give up my title then!
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.
Marie Monday is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2021 Advameg, Inc.