Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2020, 10:21 PM   #21668 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundgardenRocks View Post
You might very well be right in regards to the deed not needing to be creative - hell, they might be able to play out the same narrative of sleepy guards and malfunctioning cameras and a majority of people wouldn't give a toss or pay it an ounce of their attention. But I fail to see the relation here between the general public not caring about Epstein's death and capitalism. What do you mean?
I mean it's not restricted to capitalism, but seeing as capitalism is predominant in the world it doesn't matter whether it's a specific ill of capitalism.

People just want the world to function. They don't need it to function to their exact specifications. They just need to be able to live their lives, have food available, have their waste dealt with, and have expected utilities like electricity flow. I mean people lived with some degree of satisfaction under feudalism, Nazism, Sovietism, the Roman Empire, whatever, and didn't burn down society.

People are just willing to accept whatever the ruling class do no matter what they do so long as people can eat. And since capitalism is the current world system if capitalism can provide that while shoveling propaganda down our throats about how only capitalism can provide this stability even though stability is something that can be provided by any functional governmental system capitalism can pretend to be the greatest system ever devised no matter how abusive it actually is.

And since capitalism is uniquely equipped to provide propaganda through private marketing that can masquerade as something other than propaganda it is a unique form of cancer that the human race is historically unqualified to deal with. Capitalism is the highest form of governmental control because it can appear friendly and unassuming like a Sunny D commercial. Because governmental control is a Sunny D commercial.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote