Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2020, 08:14 PM   #7685 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
The Dems propose **** they know won’t pass

I love my dog. If I told my dog she couldn’t eat because I’m holding out for better dog food she’d tell me to just go buy what they got. If I didn’t do that she’d probably think I really didn’t care if she starved.
... Dunno if you read your own article but the Dems and Reps each came up with their own versions of a bill and the Dems were about $2.5 billion above the Reps.

Quote:
In May, Democrats passed a sweeping $3.4 trillion package, but the White House wants a targeted $1 trillion bill; Democrats have said they’re willing to shave $1 trillion off their ask if the Administration will come up $1 trillion (an offer Mnuchin dismissed as a “non-starter”).
The GOP refused to compromise at all. Maybe that's acceptable to you. Maybe cause you're not on unemployment and not otherwise going to be ****ed by the cheap election stunt of a bill the Republicans want to pass - or maybe you just don't see the way you'll be ****ed.

Either way, if you're self centered enough not to care about the people who will be screwed over by setting then **** your free money.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote