Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2020, 08:53 PM   #7927 (permalink)
SGR
No Ice In My Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
Cultivated it how?
Here's a speech he gave in 2001 in which he spends the majority of said speech in reading from a "Bushisms" book.

Struggling to figure out how to put on a rain poncho during Trump's inauguration.

And of course, his vocal love for one of his favorite hobbies, painting cute pictures.

Of course, my opinion on him cultivating this image is somewhat of a hot take. There's no way (at least now) to know for certain, but I do think he was smarter than people give him credit for and I do think he cultivated the image of him being an idiot to disarm people and make them more forgiving of his legacy. Me, personally? I think he's a war criminal that should be in jail. And even if Jeb was running against Trump, I'd still vote for Trump because **** the Bush dynasty. America has had enough Bushes. It's easy for most Americans to forget about Abu Ghraib - in fact, I'd imagine less than 10% of Americans would know what it is if you took a massive poll - but the Bush government oversaw some absolutely horrendous abuses of human rights. If one were to tell me that Bush didn't know about these black site torture camps, I'd be as convinced and persuaded if one were to tell me that Stalin didn't know about the gulags or that Hitler didn't know about Auschwitz and Dachau. If it were up to me, Bush Jr. would be painting his puppies from a prison cell.

Reminds me of something Nietzsche once said:

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Last edited by SGR; 08-23-2020 at 10:35 PM.
SGR is offline   Reply With Quote