Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2020, 05:05 PM   #8113 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Dogs and water hoses became military gear. I think that you're helping Trump by focusing on an hour of looting on one block over hundreds of hours of peaceful protest across the nation.
You're assuming I'm focusing on it. The reason I bring it up is that the link had Biden saying looting was bad. It's good strategy. It defangs Trumps attacks which is the best asset Biden has. It's hard to get people to think he hates the suburbs*, it's hard to get people to believe he leads the rampaging hordes.

The DSA contingent doesn't seem to be able to separate two things very often. Biden is playing smart politics here. Do you think he's going to snatch up protestors in unmarked vans? I don't. I also think he's got a weird** ability to actually move things forward in Congress that would actually help disenfranchised communities like getting families into homes t both build equity and diminish gentrification.

*I hate the suburbs and I think we should over-invest in MFH and regional rail but this is beside the point.

**Weird here meaning he can suggest the same policy and for reasons I can't explain not be labeled a monster for them. This is why Trump tried to sink him on Ukraine/Burisma

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
I'm not sure why you keep talking about riots like pieces on a chess board

I doubt if there's any such thing as "strategic" rioting.

It's an outpour of rage. The question is just whether or not you think the anger is justified.
To me everything is a chess piece. And if you don't think that way I don't understand what your purpose it. Yes, that's ignorant. No, I don't care.

The rage is justified. The action is stupid. All your chess pieces should work in tandem to take out the biggest threats. Today it's electing Biden, tomorrow its bullying Congress to pass legislation they promised us.