Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2020, 05:16 PM   #8115 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
You're assuming I'm focusing on it. The reason I bring it up is that the link had Biden saying looting was bad. It's good strategy. It defangs Trumps attacks which is the best asset Biden has. It's hard to get people to think he hates the suburbs*, it's hard to get people to believe he leads the rampaging hordes.
Nah you're definitely focusing on it given that you consistently conflate BLM with looting and rioting.

The world doesn't stop and start to serve your short term political ends. Most of the protestors are voting Biden anyway.

Quote:
The DSA contingent doesn't seem to be able to separate two things very often. Biden is playing smart politics here. Do you think he's going to snatch up protestors in unmarked vans? I don't. I also think he's got a weird** ability to actually move things forward in Congress that would actually help disenfranchised communities like getting families into homes t both build equity and diminish gentrification.
I admire your faith. I think Biden wouldn't mind taking advantage of some of the doors Trump has opened since that's been the nature of executive expansion so far.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote