Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2020, 05:26 PM   #8116 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
Uh huh... Not everybody is going to act out your desired chess game though. If your strategy includes controlling the actions of tons of random people you don't control... Get another strategy.

BTW, you starting to sweat over this election or what? Trump seems like he's closing in on Biden. The strategy of hiding from public attention might not hold up. What do you think?
I don't know where control comes in. You should be driving toward one thing you really want. And you should be attempting to achieve it from three angles. Assuming two will rat **** you. I have no faith in Biden. I have no faith in Congress, and I certainly have no faith in the people. You pressure all three, and you hope for the best. Adapt where necessary. But this idea of ideological purity isn't just unfounded, to me, its a dumb persons idea of a smart persons position.

As for the election, yeah, I think these riots are giving Trump something to run on and he's a better marketer with far less moral barriers than the DNC. Will it work? Remains to be seen. We'll know who wins after the third debate. It's the only time Team Trump will have to watch Biden answer questions and see him perform.

If I gambled, all my chips would be on the debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Nah you're definitely focusing on it given that you consistently conflate BLM with looting and rioting.
And you're not as smart as you think you are. I've consistently conflated them? What else are you going to pull out of your ass? You have a perception of me you think is reality. It isn't.

Quote:
I admire your faith. I think Biden wouldn't mind taking advantage of some of the doors Trump has opened since that's been the nature of executive expansion so far.
You have far too much faith in the Democrats. They aren't nearly as lock-step as the GOP. Did you not watch the fight for the ACA? Democrats always want to be the smart one. And letting someone else take credit for an idea kills them inside. Everyone needs to get their balls rubbed on television about how smart they are before they vote for something.

If I see another hot shot mayor who says something like "The division of the past won't do. We have something better. We have data." I'm going to punch them in their warby parkers.