Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2020, 05:28 PM   #8117 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
Doubtful. Dogs and water hoses for marching, or sitting at a lunch counter aren't the same thing. But I don't recall riots until Watts.

So now that you've had your cheap shot, at least do me the favor of answering the question: Don't you think these absurdities of looting a Target are helping Trump?
It's not just about Trump. White suburbanites will ignore what has led to these riots in perpetuity if nothing escalates because the people rioting are only doing so because nobody ****ing listens to them. Telling the protesters that they should restrict themselves to signs and singing kumbaya while being completely non-threatening is condemning their cause to perpetual failure because without the threat of violence a crowd of angry people with no power have no leverage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
To me everything is a chess piece. And if you don't think that way I don't understand what your purpose it. Yes, that's ignorant. No, I don't care.

The rage is justified. The action is stupid. All your chess pieces should work in tandem to take out the biggest threats. Today it's electing Biden, tomorrow its bullying Congress to pass legislation they promised us.
And just what has all your chess playing done for this country? We can't even be European centrists in this country without being deemed radicals and you think your chess games have any leverage? That is some white collar LARPing.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote