Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2020, 05:37 PM   #8120 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
I don't know where control comes in. You should be driving toward one thing you really want. And you should be attempting to achieve it from three angles. Assuming two will rat **** you. I have no faith in Biden. I have no faith in Congress, and I certainly have no faith in the people. You pressure all three, and you hope for the best. Adapt where necessary. But this idea of ideological purity isn't just unfounded, to me, its a dumb persons idea of a smart persons position.
control comes in when you talk about the rioters like a suboptimally placed chess piece. Is it ideal for your election goals? Maybe not. Do they care and do they share your goals and general sentiments? Likely not.

As for ideological purity I'm not sure what that's in reference to.

Quote:
As for the election, yeah, I think these riots are giving Trump something to run on and he's a better marketer with far less moral barriers than the DNC. Will it work? Remains to be seen. We'll know who wins after the third debate. It's the only time Team Trump will have to watch Biden answer questions and see him perform.
Come on.. the riots have been going on forever now. Don't blame the conditions. Biden has virtually optimal conditions for running against an incumbent. The economy is stagnant. The country is in a pandemic and there's chaos in the streets. There's nobody and nothing to blame if you can't take the incumbent out here. Biden has a dick (supposedly) so you can't even blame it on misogyny. And the Russia excuse got old long ago. The pressure is on.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote