Music Banter - View Single Post - Missing Posters Bulletin Board
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2020, 11:26 PM   #6339 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
I'm not going to try and drag people to a site where no one wants them. If people don't want new blood, I only hope they aren't shocked when people get tired of the same old shtick and walk.
I'm not sure if anyone is saying that, Big3: certainly it was never my intention to suggest that at all. I just meant to show that there are two ways to look for music recs: not just from new blood with new releases but in old archives too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I use it a pretty lot and think it’s fine. What’s your beef with it?
Maybe it's the way I use it, but sometimes it throws up way too many results and I find myself scanning through pages to find the thread that's really what I'm looking for.

I suspect that newcomers don't find the search function particularly useful either, hence they start up threads that we already have. Krautrock is a case in point: we have some massive threads on the topic that could act like good resources, but because they don't come to hand with a couple of clicks, new threads on the selfsame topic get opened. Sometimes the new threads only last for a handful of posts and when that happens they tend to obscure the search for the real MB gold which was laid down years ago.

If we merged and stickied a Krautrock rec thread, it could direct newcomers to MB's best Krautrock material, instead of leaving them to flounder around between several threads on essentially the same topic. Marie has very kindly offered to do it, but apart from Tristan, no one else supports the idea that Krautrock should have a permanent thread of reference on MB.