Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Announcements, Suggestions, & Feedback
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2020, 04:12 PM   #6331 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 45,770
Default

I'm confused as to why I'm on the list. Where does Exo think I'll go?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 04:24 PM   #6332 (permalink)
No Ice In My Bourbon
 
SoundgardenRocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: /dev/null
Posts: 2,884
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm confused as to why I'm on the list. Where does Exo think I'll go?
The internet's a big place. There's ICP forums, Dinosaur forums, politics forums, etc. You should be happy he's not selling you short as a man of few interests.

Would you really want to stick around here if the site gets all but abandoned?
SoundgardenRocks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 04:32 PM   #6333 (permalink)
county fair energy
 
WWWP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,501
Default

we can roleplay I Am Legend
__________________
wwwp makes you a playlist pt. 1
wwwp makes you a playlist pt. 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I know what real life is, I've been living in it for well over a decade
WWWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 04:47 PM   #6334 (permalink)
...here to hear...
 
Lisnaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: He lives on Love Street
Posts: 3,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Dear y'all,

the internet is a nice place and such but it's also kinda time-consuming and distracting.
Therefore I decided to mostly stop being around it.
I might still pop in at some point and I'll probably still be checking out end of year lists by members with good taste (looking at Hawk and Ant) but apart from that I won't really be around.
Thanks for all the bants and the good music.
I'll be missing some of you.

Cheers and be well!
g.
Well, this is sad news for us, grindy You have been a constant source of good music recs and also maintained a cool calm presence here - though I seem to remember a near melt-down the day someone mis-classified pterodactyles to the wrong dinosaur family... ()

I hope all goes well for you and that you rejoin us soon.
__________________
"Am I enjoying this moment? I know of it and perhaps that is enough." - Sybille Bedford, 1953
Lisnaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 04:48 PM   #6335 (permalink)
No Ice In My Bourbon
 
SoundgardenRocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: /dev/null
Posts: 2,884
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
we can roleplay I Am Legend


As long as I'm not the dog...
SoundgardenRocks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 05:41 PM   #6336 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 45,770
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundgardenRocks View Post
The internet's a big place. There's ICP forums, Dinosaur forums, politics forums, etc. You should be happy he's not selling you short as a man of few interests.

Would you really want to stick around here if the site gets all but abandoned?
Finding viable forums in this day and age is like finding a soul mate. It'll never happen so I've settled for you people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
I seem to remember a near melt-down the day someone mis-classified pterodactyles to the wrong dinosaur family... ()
They're not dinosaurs at all so there can be no right dinosaur family ffs.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 11:38 PM   #6337 (permalink)
.
 
grindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: .
Posts: 7,071
Default

Thanks for the goodbyes.
Some warmed my rusty heart.
See ya!
__________________
A smell of petroleum prevails throughout.
grindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 03:14 AM   #6338 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
Janszoon! Good to see you again! Yes, it's been ages since you were last here. I can't remember how long ago because you didn't leave with a tantrum and a thread declaring your loathing of MB, you just little by little stopped posting I think.

I hope you're keeping well. For the luckiest people, this is true in the era of covid:-
i) neither they nor the people they love get infected
ii) they can work from home
iii) for US residents: they are not victims of wildfires or hurricanes.

I hope all, or most, of the above apply to you.
Well, ii and iii apply to me at least so that’s good. How are you doing?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 03:16 AM   #6339 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Dear y'all,

the internet is a nice place and such but it's also kinda time-consuming and distracting.
Therefore I decided to mostly stop being around it.
I might still pop in at some point and I'll probably still be checking out end of year lists by members with good taste (looking at Hawk and Ant) but apart from that I won't really be around.
Thanks for all the bants and the good music.
I'll be missing some of you.

Cheers and be well!
g.
Damn. Just when I popped in for a visit. Hopefully I’ll still see you around sometimes. Best of luck in whatever you’re focusing on next!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 06:59 AM   #6340 (permalink)
...here to hear...
 
Lisnaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: He lives on Love Street
Posts: 3,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
They're not dinosaurs at all so there can be no right dinosaur family ffs.
I´m going to miss grindy's contributions, especially in the World Music and Jazz/Blues sections, but at least it's good to know that someone will still be monitoring us for errors in Natural History. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Well, ii and iii apply to me at least so that’s good. How are you doing?
"Two out of three ain't bad" comes from some 80s song, I think. I'm fine thanks, and also score two out of three. I can count 3 relatives/friends who got covid, but luckily they all bounced right back and complained of very little other than a couple of days of fever. It's a re-assuring reminder, amid all the gloomy national stats, that in the majority of cases covid-19 is a minor infection only.
__________________
"Am I enjoying this moment? I know of it and perhaps that is enough." - Sybille Bedford, 1953
Lisnaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2021 Advameg, Inc.