Music Banter - View Single Post - The queer corner
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2020, 03:00 AM   #532 (permalink)
Marie Monday
the bantering battleaxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
Sure, similar for me, I came out when I was 24. But in the meantime I went from thinking this is the worst thing that could have happened to me, to "accepting my lot in life" to gradually understanding there is nothing wrong with me so that by the time I was 24 I was ready to tell people because, while I was still quite worried about how they might react, I was no longer ashamed.

I imagine most gay people still go through something similar, especially coming from homophobic environments (like I did) but even more liberal ones.

So I'm thinking the time it took you to come out was obviously necessary, you were growing, even if you don't feel like you did. You weren't ready to do it at 15, and were strong enough at 20.

And sure, things might have been different, you (or I) could have been more self-assured, could have come out swinging at 12 years old ready to take on the world, and some queer people are like that. I could have also been a millionaire etc...

My point is, this is who you are, the time it took is the time it needed to take, hence why I generally don't have much regrets about anything (I guess that's a bit determinist?).
Maybe, I don't know. I think I could and should've come out sooner. Nothing much changed about my sexuality between 15 and 20, I had fully accepted myself and knew that the people around me would do the same (at least after high school). It was just the act of coming out which I kept procrastinating, a bit like an unpleasant task which you postpone until the last minute
Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I didn't understand it in this way until maybe the last few years, but like gender, sexuality is likely totally social

which is pretty rad if you ask me
How do you mean, social?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.
Marie Monday is offline   Reply With Quote