Music Banter - View Single Post - 2020 US Election Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2020, 09:27 AM   #756 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
that's pretty crap because it amounts to never being able to "pass" in a complete way

if they hide for a casual relationship and then it develops into something else organically, now they're stuck in a situation where their partner might freak out on them

so idk, maybe best practice would be to disclose, but I can't help but feeling that the situation would be best for all involved if it simply didn't matter
well yeah... If it didn't matter then this wouldn't be a question. But it does matter to a lot of people so it is.

Honestly the whole they can never pass seems like it's based on the current norms where it's preferable to pass as a cis woman than just being openly trans.. which if we got to the point where it actually didn't matter I don't see why you wouldn't be open about that experience, which is very distinct from the experience of a woman who was born that way and never had to transition.i don't see how that ever stops being a district part of your identity regardless of the social norms.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote