Music Banter - View Single Post - The queer corner
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2020, 11:39 PM   #862 (permalink)
goldendoodle
god's favorite clown

OK I know I said I would unload ALL my thoughts and theories today but seasonal depression decided that no, I will not. But @Bat as for Dolly, I'm no Dolly Parton historian either but for now I can at least link you to this entertaining thread on a lesbian gossip site about the Dolly rumors: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/l_an...51218-s10.html

Spoiler for screenshot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Idk how strong your video editing skills but you definitely have enough material on this subject for a dope video essay youtube channel.
If you say so! Like most people, I've planned countless video essays in my head while doing the dishes or showering, however I do not have ANY video editing skills beyond basic Windows Movie Maker stuff (mainly because I haven't edited any videos at all period in several years despite always going on and on about needing to make Gargoyles AMVs and neural net generated Hallmark christmas movies and so on etc)
Also I'm a bit lazy, or rather, I don't know if I could be bothered to make such a video look very polished and nice when I could instead simply use the equivalent of a sock puppet + bad goofy edits. I definitely would not want my face in it or anywhere on youtube unless I were in some elaborate costume (I don't know why I have these rules, I simply do).

Am I slightly afraid of Taylor Swift's beautiful publicist Tree Paine personally coming to my house and executing me as a result of said future video essay? Yes. Do I still want to attempt to make a stop-motion film in the style of Superstar: The Karen Carpenter Story about closeted burgeoning country music stars including Taylor Swift until my roommates drag me out of my room/film set to put me in the psych ward? Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Oh also, any thoughts about the uncanny gay energy of Carly Rae Jepsen's music? I have no idea about her as a person (the only things I know about her are the music and memery) but her music just nails the Gay Angst and Longing as if it's channelling some queer mystery source.
I have never paid attention to the lyrics of her songs despite liking her music a lot ("Store" is so underrated) but I definitely know what you mean. Weirdly I get pretty normal straight vibes from Carly as a person, and yet, there is indeed an undercurrent of Gay Angst and Longing in her music! And, in contrast.. random example, but, Selena Gomez (along with Miley and Demi) gives me strong lesbian/gay-leaning bisexual vibes yet her music is aggressively heterosexual to my ears. So, yeah. Huh.