Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2021, 09:23 AM   #76621 (permalink)
OccultHawk
one-balled nipple jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
Has anyone ever had to work with someone who is incredibly opposite from you politically? I feel like I have to tiptoe around every subject. I generally get along with the dude very well and we have lots of overlapping interests, but sometimes he will randomly be like "so I got a shotgun the other day" apparently thinking I will find that cool and I just don't even know how to respond. Or recently we got to talking about wildfires in California somehow and he was like "yeah you know that whackjob AOC? She's ****ing insane with that green new deal ****" and I did my absolute best to come across as neutral as I could even though I think AOC is ****ing great.

Then later we're talking about books and he shares his Google Drive of audiobooks with me. Lots of cool **** like Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter....and then I see another folder that contains The Right Side of History by Ben Shapiro. I wanted to puke.

I really don't want to get political at work, it just doesn't seem worth the potential conflict or headache. But this guy can't just keep shoving these opinions at me without repercussion right?! What am I supposed to do
Your taste in literature and lack of love for shotguns aside I’d say with your personality you don’t get off on pissing people off or aggro-conflict so based on you being you I think you should just cordially say something like “I’m actually quite liberal but I think you’re a decent dude but I’d rather not talk politics at work. Maybe we can go for a beer and hash it out for fun some time.”

Then kill him.

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote