Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 12:16 PM   #9830 (permalink)
SGR
No Ice In My Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
It's kinda true though. At the very least it's over-diagnosed on a massive scale in the states.

Stick a bunch of 10 year old boys in a room where they are meant to sit still and stay quiet for 8 hours and then call it a behavioral problem when they can't abide, or when they get home and release all their pent up energy and their mom thinks they're just out of control... take them to the doctor, get an ADD/ADHD diagnosis, put him on pills, problem solved. A developing brain stunted by chemicals in order to make the kid easier to control.

It's as scientific as Aspergers.
This is one of the most true things I've ever read on MB. Props to you Steph for calling it like you see it.

I had a lot of friends in elementary/middle school who acted out and were always trying to start trouble. Because school has not necessarily been devised for young boys, and it's mostly women running the school system, they have trouble with young boys and eventually get tired of dealing with them.

So, they talk with the parents about their behavior, they take them to the doctors, and the doctors are more than happy to prescribe them pills to "fix" their behavior.

Drug the kids so your life is easier. It's pretty nasty business. I remember having friends whose personality would change drastically when they took these medications. And the teachers would even make nonchalant comments in front of other kids like "[xxxx] obviously hasn't taken his medication today".

I ****ing hated primary school. Just a bunch of glorified babysitters.
SGR is offline   Reply With Quote