Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2021, 11:30 AM   #22571 (permalink)
OccultHawk
one-balled nipple jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Well, a secretary? Isn't that going a bit too far? Was she personally involved in any of the atrocities or did she just "work there"? I mean, what next? Indict the 94-year old guy who delivered post to the German staff? Execute the guy who delivered the bread? Shoot the two people who knocked at the gates asking if they wanted to change their broadband supp - oh. Wait.

Seriously though. Revenge can go too far, no? Some people worked under the Nazi flag because they had no other choice, and while yes, she surely turned a blind eye to what went on, and would be technically complicit in the crimes, she's hardly the same as a Totenkopfkommando or whatever who pushed people into the showers or sorted through their belongings when the ovens had cooled down, is she? Soft target?

Also, lol at a 95-year old being tried at a juvenile court!

I think the strongest argument in favor of her prosecution is for the sake of historical accuracy. They’re already protecting her anonymity. A lot of people died in a process she was a part of. If she’s legally cleared a historian might be drawn to false conclusions. Obviously, it’s a time and place where precise historical accuracy is paramount.

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote