Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2021, 04:37 PM   #73903 (permalink)
Goofle
the worst guy

I'm not sure quite how much I'm going to be back here in the long term, but since I'm clearly dipping my toe in as of late I may as well talk a little bit about what's been going on with me over the last few years.

As more regular members of the forum probably know, I have been working in the security industry since 2017, mainly within events and festivals. I'm not quite sure exactly where I was when I left, but I'm quite certain that most people wouldn't be aware that I was the stage manager at a 2000 capacity music venue in Manchester.

Highlights include giving Charli XCX her countdown before going on stage (and a post-show chat about he move from standard pop to being a figurehead for alternative Pop), telling Lilly Allen she shouldn't leave the venue right now because there was a fight going on outside - only to be ignored because she was totally up for it, and Kyle Walker (an England footballer) being so coked up that he didn't even piss in a toilet, instead choosing to go on the floor and asking myself and another colleague to pick up his baggies out of his self-made puddle.

While that was all good fun, it had to end at some point...

My manager at the time (on the security side) was a massive coke head, and loved a bit of booze on shift here and there. Whilst I'd be lying if I said I didn't partake every so often, I genuinely wasn't that active in the scene (which stretched across all levels of the venue hierarchy). However, hidden CCTV footage exposed many staff members and resulted in quite a few heads rolling. Funnily enough, I wasn't one of them. I plodded along for a week or so before being told that I was also being moved from the venue because of a "close association" with what happened.

Nevertheless, I ended up doing random bits and bobs, ultimately taking over a new venue in late January 2020. Covid hit and it's been cleaning trolley handles, telling people to wear masks, enforcing social distancing and all kinds of horrible things for the past year. Horrible.

Anyway that's what I've been up to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote