Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2021, 12:00 PM   #74232 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
I'm aware that the man cave is basically the other side of the nagging wife coin, and I'm targeting both men and women.

I relate to that bit too btw, I work the same way. In many stereotypical gender dynamics I'm more like a man than a woman. The issue is that men and women push each other and themselves further in their little roles, treating each other almost like different species to the point where communication about your differences becomes virtually impossible.
Consider how men and women are usually uninterested in any connection with each other outside of their gender roles; for instance, they're rarely just friends without being attracted to each other. How are you gonna make a relationship work with someone you view that way?
I have a different pov. I'm not sure which of us is more cynical.

You say people just superficially choose mates and that's why they're left unsatisfied. I think there's a spectrum but generally speaking people choose long term mates not just based on looks or gender tropes but on an emotional connection.

I just tend to think no matter how strong that connection... It's not infinitely strong. **** will start to get old eventually. You will each start to have your own personal drives while you cohabitate. It is perfectly natural to slowly drift apart. It's like erosion.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote