Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2021, 03:19 PM   #9178 (permalink)
SGR
No Ice In My Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
So you're going to try to indite me on a % argument? You and I both know that relative to what's going on with the national GOP, it's not Conservative. In fact, they went for Biden. Are we now calling Biden liberal? Biden is the type of Country Club Republican that plays very well in the Northeast.

They're not Ted Cruz voters. That doesn't mean they're liberal. As Tip O'Neill once said of New Hampshire "Those guys don't even like parks." They're a leave-me-alone state in Culture and politics. As your own comment mentioned, they didn't vote for the $15 minimum wage.
I'm not trying to indict you, I'm just telling you that what you said was wrong.

Biden is a liberal yes, a neoliberal to be specific. He's certainly not progressive though.

What would satisfy your definition of liberal then? They have to vote and rally for a $15/hr minimum wage? I'm not sure what you mean by the Tip O'Neill quote - don't like parks? National parks? Kids' parks? Amusment parks?

Liberalism can be defined as: "a political and social philosophy that promotes individual rights, civil liberties, democracy, and free enterprise."

By that definition, New Hampshire, the 'live free or die' state is pretty damn liberal to my eyes.
SGR is offline   Reply With Quote