Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Covid Vaccine Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2021, 12:06 PM   #51 (permalink)
Marie Monday
the bantering battleaxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Well as Frown says you started it nyah nyah nyah.
Seriously, if you're going to make a comment like that then expect outrage and anger, and the opposite viewpoint being pushed. Don't get all up on your own high horse because you damn well knew this response was coming, even if you won't admit it.

Absolutely. We're not scientists, and we don't know how this will go. Best to do what's right for the community ie world and let the eggheads worry about whether it's going to be good enough.

Got to wonder, if there'd been a vaccine for the Black Death would Steph and jwb's ancestors just boarded up their doors and said no thanks I'm too busy? Or I couldn't be bothered?

TBPF I do recognise the difference between jwb and Steph's take on why not to go for the shot - I proposed this very question in a thread before - but it's not up to us to decide when we should get it. Science is trying to protect everyone as best it can, so why not just let it do its job?
that's unfair and uncalled for
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
Lol, what? Pointing fingers at who started it? I don’t know where I was being self righteous about anything, just illustrating how quick everyone is to call jwb a pathetic bastard when his take isn’t even that radical. I don’t disagree with him. I do disagree with “get the shot or you have blood on your hands.” You really think herd immunity will ever be achieved in this world, let alone in the US? You think jwb and his position is the one going to **** it up for everyone? Please.
*selfish bastard
I'm pretty sure jwb understands that choice of phrasing has been tongue-in-cheek since its inception and that he isn't sensitive about it. No one is calling him radical, and I'm not down with the dramatic blood-on-hands narrative. But an almost equally dramatic opposite reaction won't do any good. I just think if scientists tell us to take this vaccine to help get rid of covid, then we should listen: this year has been terrible and I don't think we should take any risks; the vaccine will at least do some good, and I am worried the cumulative effect of lots of people refusing the vaccine may **** that up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.
Marie Monday is offline   Reply With Quote