Music Banter - View Single Post - Hong Kong and China
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2021, 11:25 AM   #435 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

I'm not so optimistic about China being the number one super power. I know America has done a lot of dirt but there's hardly a regime in existence that is more cut throat than the CCP... At least in terms of major powers. The idea that they would be less harmful as a global leading super power is laughable to me. There is no indication from their behavior both domestically and geopolitically that suggests this. The extent to which they are less harmful now is the extent to which they are less powerful.

They're simultaneously picking fights with India over border disputes and all of the countries in southeast Asia over the maritime disputes regarding the South China Sea.

Internally they are committing an actual genocide against an ethnic and religious minority, concentration camps and all, and what's more this isn't even out of the norm for China. What they're doing now to the Uigher muslims is similar to what they've done previously to Chinese Christians and members of the spiritual falun gong movement. They send people to forced labor camps and torture them and interrogate them into being docile supporters of the state. They use these camps as slave labor to manufacture products that they sell on the gonna market, disguised as having come from a legitimate factory.

When you go to Walmart and buy Christmas lights, those lights could've been made by a slave in a Chinese reeducation camp. The name of the prison camp system is the Laogai, which is an abbreviated Chinese term for "reform through labor." Al Jazeera documented this like 10 years ago and interviewed a Chinese Christian woman who had been to the Laogai and been forced to make Christmas lights. At least the CCP has a sense of humor I guess.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote