Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Opinions
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2021, 03:53 PM   #1830 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundgardenRocks View Post
My mom was a cheapskate growing up - who also didn't know how to make a good steak (to her credit, she's gotten much better over time).

She used to get cheap steaks - and she'd overcook them. She didn't slice 'em thin for us or anything - so I grew up with mostly tough, overcooked, non flavorful steaks. I swear, I wouldn't have been able to choke it down without some kind of steak sauce. My jaw felt like it ran a marathon when I finished her steaks.

As for ketchup - I love it. Just not on steaks. Love dipping my fries into ketchup. Love ketchup and mayo on burgers (sometimes bbq sauce). I put on it on my eggs too, oh yah - and my meatloaf. And ****, I'll even put it on my shepherd's pies and my meat pies as well. Love that ****.

Now anything with coconut - that's a hate train I'm willing to ride on. **** coconut - tastes nasty and the texture is downright awful.

Didn't see this before my post. Is putting ketchup on Shepherd's pie a New England thing?
When I was a little kid mother used to get a big flank steak for special occasions and broil the **** out of it till it was totally brown. **** was like chewing leather but I didn't know any better. She never got better but she did stop eating meat.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote