Music Banter - View Single Post - Member Picture Gallery
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2021, 06:08 AM   #39423 (permalink)
DianneW
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Hey now we don't truck with Napolean bashing in these here parts.
Ok where have I bashed him, talking outdated Wills where monies past down to family members are tax beyond affordability, so the property is left to rack and ruin.
Now take Louis the XIV dictated to his people murder the Protestants at all costs, make them outcasts send them into the desserts. Torture and Murder the men folk and rape the women or just throw them in prison with the children and let them suffer.... Many thousands fled to non catholic countries and Soho London 1700's had a population of 50% French living there...some figures for people who did not want to leave their motherland. No religion has been taught in State French Schools since the 1900's. We still have churches that are mainly beautiful and the upkeep is done on a regulatory basis,but they are used for special occasions as a norm
.My husband's family on one side are decedents of French Huguenots so know quite a fair portion of the History and I am fascinated by all that occurred mostly because of Louis XIV...Napoleon improved life for the people of his Country as a whole...
Rather long, but hey it is there if you want to trawl through sometime.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleon
DianneW is offline   Reply With Quote