Music Banter - View Single Post - Comics/Graphic Novels
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2021, 06:16 PM   #1118 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
I know Sandman. I'll add that.

Watchmen is what I was thinking of. I'll add that. And Saga too.

I don't know if I'll ever return to Spawn. Todd might be great at character design but he's such a **** writer.
Yeah Spawn sucks. It has its redeeming values but it's pure 90s trash. Sandman is vaguely like Spawn but a million times better. If you want the best version of Spawn then ditch the comic and watch the cartoon. It's objectively better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
I read that entire Whedon series and a whole bunch of the famous Morrisson one, not the entire thing but I may finish it. While I'm reading them I have the usual 'oh god this is silly' feeling but those X-men comics stick with me. It's the outcast/found family trope I think.
Yeah that's what X-Men is. Superhero team comic books generally have worse interpersonal drama but are wilder and crazier than solo books because all the characters are in their own solo books so the drama of the team book is limited but X-Men solves this by having its character's primary stories in the team book. It's so simple but legitimately why X-Men are on the same level as Spider-Man, Batman, and Superman.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote