Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2004, 12:59 PM   #254 (permalink)
franscar
Honky

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAlejo
I'd love to see the American military go against the "far more intelligent" English military. Any idea on who would win?
Dear lord, you really want me to answer that? Take a look at the fatality rates in Iraq for a big clue. Or the fact that British controlled areas such as Basra have very low levels of insurgent activity due to the way in which the British forces have conducted themselves. Then ask yourself why, if the Americans are so great, the Blackwatch regiment has been sent into the Triangle of Death near Baghdad. Sorry to dent your nationalistic pride in your army buddies, but they aren't very good at fighting wars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAlejo
Sof if we are an invading army...why is it our right to care for the "innocent civilians"? We are at war with them right? And the real reasons? Let me guess you are going to go onto the oil speel. Why wouldn't we go into Saudi Arabia then? They have much more oil than Iraq. If you've noticed gas prices have gone up in the US, not down. The whole oil arguement is redundant.
Looks like you need a little refresher. The war was declared against the ruling elite in Iraq, not the general populous. Hence the pointlessness of blowing them up. It isn't solving anything. Not even George W. would be stupid enough to invade Saudi Arabia, the Saudis have your government by the balls, hence why the US has invaded Iraq in order to secure its own oil supply. Think long-term, and the whole jigsaw slots neatly into place, I won't spell it all out for you, I think you're smart enough to work it all out for yourself.
franscar is offline   Reply With Quote