Music Banter - View Single Post - 2020 US Election Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2021, 04:26 PM   #2480 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
I don't know, there's a healthy history of deception in this country that I'd find it hard to believe the rich had nothing to do with. They're in league with the politicians.

1. Car dominance in the US is because automotive companies paid for crossing guards in small towns across the country to teach children "the road is for cars, not people."
2. The Food Pyramid, which I grew up with, was not based in science but gined up to sell more dairy products iirc
3. The death of the electric vehicle, the overthrow of iranian democracy, the gulf of tonkin, and the alleged greatness of radiohead

We've been lied to forever, and it benefits the wealthy every time.

My support for Biden is largely because I think he's able to speak to the Rightward voters in a way that gets them to see a Unions value. I hope that I'm right. And also he likes trains.

But I don't like Biden's love for Israel, whatever this **** is with Trump and the defamation suit I don't like (though I have yet to sit down with it fully), and I think he's way wrong on student debt. I just think it's a major waste of time to post **** like "omg Biden is such a boomer lmao" and then, when pressed, support some never-candidate.
And don't forget United Fruit, the John Birch Society, the Chicago School, Phyllis Schlafly, the Koch brothers, etc. The vast right wing conspiracy is not paranoia and it does skew public opinion in nonsensical ways that don't even exist in other white countries with fascism problems. Also throw in whichever *******s lobbied to make private healthcare only a thing.

But I don't get how you can call Bernie a "never candidate" (or whatever you said, I'm too lazy to go find that post). Sure he was always a long shot but he did more than any politician in decades to actually pull the Overton window back to the left just a bit for ****ing once. He got cheered by a Fox News audience. People are actually talking about universal healthcare for the first time in... for the first time! And he was always the last one to finally lose to the establishment candidate with all the center left media clout.

If this country ever has a leftward turn again he will probably have been a crucial swing point.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote