Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2021, 05:19 PM   #12767 (permalink)
SGR
No Ice In My Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
Last I checked you can’t glide or climb to literally every visible landmark in Witcher 3. The game is about exploration and losing yourself in its world. Witcher 3 is about experiencing the adventures of a badass in a high fantasy setting. They’re not very comparable to me
Gliding or climbing is only a good mechanic when there's a worthwile destination to travel to. I absolutely hated the dull sailing that permeated Wind Waker, but at least when the sailing was done, I had an extremely interesting and vibrant location to explore. BOTW did not do that for me. It's filled with...nothingness. Empty terrains with sporadic enemy encounters, sporadic pointless treasures, and my weapon breaking in the interim. Almost forgot to mention - the score for the game sucks. The whole "ambiance" angle they went for literally puts me to sleep. It's nothing like the energy-filled songs that would play during MM/OOT/WW and would just encourage you to keep going. BOTW is the video game equivalent of Nyquil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
If I can't get into Witcher 2 should I bother with Witcher 3? I found the combat tedious to learn and the writing to be bland fantasy writing that's embarassed to be TOO fantasy (try hard edginess and boobs for the sake of boobs) and was meh every time I tried putting a few hours into it.
I played Witcher 2 years ago, but from what I remember, there were parts of the game that felt tedious and dull. I never really got that feeling with Witcher 3. The story is better than 2, the combat is deeper, the open-world is excellent and incredibly rich and the characters are detailed and believable enough for you to feel attached to them. I think it's at least worth a try, considering how cheaply you can have it for these days.

Last edited by SGR; 06-24-2021 at 05:33 PM.
SGR is offline   Reply With Quote