Music Banter - View Single Post - The Environmental Watchdog MasterThread
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2021, 03:20 PM   #791 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Be honest. Would you condemn ecoterrorists at this point?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I wasn't talking to you, you stupid bitch. I was talking to a "nice guy" who generally never takes aggressive stances and asking if at this point he's willing to entertain a more aggressive stance.
You make it difficult for me to slither away from this direct moral question, Batlord, even though it's of the kind I really hate to answer.

In any country that's even approximately democratic, I'm a law-abidding guy, so, the Yes/No answer, is Yes, I would condemn ecoterrorism because there are (however hypothetically) democratically-arrived-at remedies available.
If you're putting me in the position of a judge; what sentences would I hand out? I'd draw a line between property damage and kidnap/loss of life. For property damage, I'd probably give the lightest sentence/fine possible, but I'd come down a lot harder on any death/torture stuff - and even without torture, kidnap is a type of torture imo.

Anyway, that's the answer I'd give if I were sitting in a pub with my pals, at which point they would all groan and say, "You can never get a bloody straight answer out of this guy!"