Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2021, 01:29 AM   #75641 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadis View Post
Nah, not really. One has to remember that no two people have the same exact frame of reference, that not every joke lands the way it's intended etc. But usually when familiarity and with it a common frame of expectations have been established, and you know you're on safe ground, then yeah, I usually say what I want in the confidence that it wouldn't be misconstrued.

I assumed that was the case, at least to a degree, with me and a few users on this platform: I remember joking around about lesbian friends and their mating habits, for example.

Maybe I was wrong (this is the first anonymous forum I've used since like 2006, not saying I always read the room correctly), maybe Batlord likes the woke high ground a bit too much, dunno. But then I also can't be bothered to care what someone like adidasss thinks about me: life's too short.
Putting aside your unfortunate attempts at humour, I don't really think we disagree. I think you're kind of a dick, you sort of acknowledge that yourself.

To be clear, I think you're a dick not because you read Foucault or like The Fall. It's because on several occasions you were rude to people without any real provocation.

And because you seem to assign value to people based on what type of music they listen to.

I value people based on how they treat other people. Which is why:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key View Post
I've met a ton of great people online and often times it is due to the fact that we tend to have the same twisted sense of humor but there are certain boundaries depending on the person. In a perfect world, yeah I wish the internet wouldn't chastise people for what they say but it doesnt work that way. It's never a bad idea to be cautious on the internet because we arent all computer screens. We are human beings. We all have emotions and some show them more than others. I suppose it's good to have a mix of messed up humor and general empathy and kindness towards others. Theres a line there somewhere.

Definitely agree with your last point.
Although I don't think we listen to the same music, I really quite like Key. He seems like a nice person.

That's all. Carry on...
Spoiler for spoiler:
being a dick. If that's what turns you on. :/

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote