Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2021, 01:52 AM   #75642 (permalink)
Marie Monday
the bantering battleaxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadis View Post
I had one (1) lesbian have issues with me, for which I was blasted by a guy who hates me for disliking mid-2000 indie, and who happens to be gay.

The reason I felt comfortable making a gag about those two (2) misadventures with the LGBTQ community? Because my social circle and cultural world could hardly be any more removed from any whiff of homophobia, and I feel extremely secure joking about it. Walking on eggshells about this kind of stuff is extremely tedious, though I obv have to do it in the professional context as we all do.
You choose to stress the LGBTQ aspect in the first place, even though it's utterly irrelevant. In my experience, preoccupation is a often a first sign (or last remnant of) discrimination, like how it's a red flag when someone chooses to mention that someone is black for no reason. I think that's why adi reacted like that. For the record, I don't think you're a homophobe, certainly not in theory. I think you're attempting to bait as some kind of flex: see who's (in your eyes) simple minded enough to complain about homophobia, and then you get to diss them from your enlightened point of view, yay!
Which is something we've all seen before too many times here, it's not interesting or intimidating, it's pretty cheap and tedious. Also not a good way to find like-minded people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.
Marie Monday is offline   Reply With Quote