Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2021, 06:06 AM   #75643 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadis View Post
Nah, not really. One has to remember that no two people have the same exact frame of reference, that not every joke lands the way it's intended etc. But usually when familiarity and with it a common frame of expectations have been established, and you know you're on safe ground, then yeah, I usually say what I want in the confidence that it wouldn't be misconstrued.

I assumed that was the case, at least to a degree, with me and a few users on this platform: I remember joking around about lesbian friends and their mating habits, for example.

Maybe I was wrong (this is the first anonymous forum I've used since like 2006, not saying I always read the room correctly), maybe Batlord likes the woke high ground a bit too much, dunno. But then I also can't be bothered to care what someone like adidasss thinks about me: life's too short.
Maybe you're **** at humor or not as self-aware as you like to think you are.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote