Music Banter - View Single Post - Frank Zappa Appreciation Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2021, 11:18 AM   #428 (permalink)
Terrapin_Station
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guybrush View Post
Based on information from interviews, books, song lyrics, articles, cultural/historical context etc. I see little reason to assume Frank Zappa had a subjective interpretation without negative connotation for the word "slut".
First, all meaning is subjective period. But this seems bizarre to say. Zappa didn't seem to associate a negative connotation at all to the word "slut." I don't associate a negative connotation to it, either--quite the opposite rather. Zappa didn't find it negative or problematic or anything that men and women enjoyed sex. He was very pro enjoying sex.

Quote:
among them the account of his secretary who seem to say that Frank Zappa and The Mothers had a double standard, one in which sleeping around was okay/encouraged for guys, but seen as a negative for girls.
I've actually played with a handful of people who played with Zappa, by the way, and this isn't the case at all as far as I know.

Re supporting it, where in any of his lyrics is there any indication of seeing enjoying sex as something negative?
Terrapin_Station is offline   Reply With Quote