Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Nirvana/Kurt Cobain Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2006, 03:43 PM   #1141 (permalink)
explosions-in-my-pants
angel of tragic days

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowSurfer
a mosquito, my libido....

was this guy any good with lyrics? or was it just a bunch of crap that is now through revionist history, hailed as over-rated genius????

Kurt himself said he wrote crap disjointed lyrics and wited until the last minute and that none of it made any sense really. He said that in 1993 about his lyrics, that people read too much into them , and that really, he just wrote a bunch of garbage that sometimes made no sense, and live he would sometimes trick the crowd by singing non-sensical crap into the mic, he do that for fun sometimes.
Kurt wrote come pretty good songs. On the other hand after a few songs it seemed like he was writing the same song over and over, but the first few sounded good and seemed to be writen pretty well. Although because of the fact after a few songs the lyircs started to sound the same i'll have to go with him not being a genius... a few songs doesn't make anyone a genius. and as for him singing random things into the mic during shows to fool his fans.. i think its because he forgot his own lyrics maybe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent
The song's refrain is "I Miss the Comfort in Being Sad" and Frances Farmer was a famous movie star a while back who had some mental issues and was lobotomized, which made her braindead. So to me the song is (at least partially) about how society tries to convince people that being unhappy or having mental issues is an ultimate evil but often the alternative isn't really better. I guess that could also serve as an analogy to Kurt's own views on success and how he felt like he had it better when he wasn't a superstar... but that might be reading to deeply into it.
or...

when some people get depressed then become happy, some start to ruin there own happiness because inside in some hiden spot in there brain they were so used to feeling a depressed way that feeling any other way just felt wrong and like they weren't being themselves.. when in actual fact they were but they just felt untrue because happiness like saddness brings out different things in them. even if a person doesn't like being depressed they get comfortable being that way mentally and in other ways i'm sure. Some people don't realize this until they reach a high of happiness and feel uncomfortable.. which i think happened in Kurts case, well something like it. He was in a band that was doing alright where they lived, any idiot knows you make a video chances are your going to get heard and people will most liekly pay attention. At one point before this huge grunge thing took off i'm sure there was a point where this band was just normal underground music and they were fine doing this, then i'm sure 'someone' found this awesome band blah blah blah happened and then they were making a record ONLY they shouldn't have made a video and gotten popular.. why? because kurt clearly didn't realize what he was getting himself into. because he didn't like that the type of people he grow up hating/disliking were some of his biggest fans, and other reasons. They should have stayed and underground band.
explosions-in-my-pants is offline   Reply With Quote