Music Banter - View Single Post - London Calling
Thread: London Calling
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2021, 06:47 AM   #23 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew2106 View Post
I am from London, a few places you might want to check out are:

The Worlds End - Pub - Camden - great rock/metal pub! Also at 10/11pm the downstairs opens up 'The Underworld', which is a good metal club, they have gigs there too.

Black Heart - Pub - Camden - a proper dive bar, not far from Camden tube station, you might need google maps to find it though.

Bacchus - bar/club - Kingston Upon Thames - each night is a different genre of music, gets some decent crowds and is usually a good night, the drum and bass night always used to be the one to go to.

Werkhaus - Gig venue - Brick Lane - really cool little venue, gets some decent bands, cheap drinks for a gig venue, worth a visit

Fabric - Club - Farringdon - It's fabric, it's one of the best clubs in London and well worth a visit. It is NOT cheap though!
Hi Andrew! Always good to see a Londoner here. Welcome to MB.
Perhaps we should mention to Mucha that Kingston-on-Thames is quite a way outside the city. More accessible would be The Half Moon, Putney. I assume it's still going as it was one of the best organised music-every-night pubs around. I once saw Roger Waters there - not playing, just sitting at a table on his own over a pint of beer. I was too cool to stop, but my friend went over and was rebuffed with these words from the great man; "Can't you see that I'd much rather be left alone?"