Music Banter - View Single Post - It's me!
Thread: It's me!
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2021, 04:19 AM   #17 (permalink)
jadis
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GG3366 View Post
Kate Bush is my favourite Kate Bush-like artist
That's a good question though. Which artists count as Kate Bush-like? Bjork? (but I don't really know a lot of her music, she seems experimental in a less pop-ish way). Maybe Tori Amos? (I've been very slowly discovering her music.)

Cheers! Favourite album? And why is it The Dreaming?
If you love The Dreaming there's no reason you wouldn't love Bjork. I would start at the beginning - Debut (1993). I love many Bjork albums but that remains the one.

Quote:
The Kick Inside
I read the overall glowing Pitchfork review (by a British writer) the other day, to be reminded why I despise British music journalists. They have some inner compulsion to be patronizing to real artists while worshipping tedious posers, aka the NME mindset. This is what it has to say about one of the most perfect pop songs ever recorded:

Quote:
The louche “L’Amour Looks Something Like You” treads similarly brazen territory though lands less soundly. She fantasizes about “that feeling of sticky love inside” as if anticipating a treacle pudding, and there is an unctuous gloop to the arrangement that makes it one of the album’s least distinctive songs.
"Somebody's pulling me out on the streets and you're louche"

jadis is offline   Reply With Quote